– 400g pasta;
– 200g Parma prosciutto or other matured ham;
– 300g tomato pulp;
– 1 large or 2 small red onions;
– about 5 tbsps. grated parmesan or other hard cheese;
– half a glass of white wine;
– a handful of parsley;
– olive oil;
– 1 tsp. dried oregano;
– salt and freshly ground pepper.
Time: 30 min
Pour about 3 tablespoons of olive oil onto a hot pan and add ham cut into thin strips. When it browns, add wine and wait until it evaporates. Transfer the ingredients to a separate bowl.
Next, on the same pan, apply another dash of olive oil and add onion cut into slices. Fry on medium flame until the onion is golden in color. Next, add tomato pulp and oregano, mix and cook for about 15 minutes on a low flame.
Season this sauce with salt and pepper as desired, then combine with pasta cooked al dente. Add cheese, parsley, and pre-browned ham. Mix all ingredients and serve sprinkled with cheese and freshly ground pepper.